Navigating the RAI Console
This short guide outlines areas of the Console, controls, and navigation model.
The RAI Console lets you manage databases, engines, users, and OAuth clients. It lets you upload data directly, explore data, and develop logical models in Rel.
The RAI Console is divided into six main areas:
- Left Sidebar: Navigate between the Databases, Engines, and Transactions pages. With the admin permission, you can access the Settings page to manage users and OAuth clients.
- Object Tree: See a list of data, models, and notebooks for the current database.
- Model Editor: Manage and edit models.
- Top Navigation Bar: Switch between accounts and engines.
- Query Editor: Issue query requests, including queries that update base relation data.
- Right Sidebar: Open and close the Model and Query Editors, and upload data into the database.
When you open the RAI Console, it displays a list of databases that have been added to your RAI account. You can query databases using the Query Editor, develop logical models using the Model Editor, or build data story lines using the RAI notebook.
When you open a database, it opens up in the same state it was in when you last closed it.
Using the Top Navigation Bar
Use the Top Navigation Bar to switch between RAI accounts, switch between engines, and access RAI documentation.
To switch accounts:
- In the Top Navigation Bar, click your account.
- In the drop-down menu that opens, click the name of the account in the list. This opens the new account in the Console.
To switch engines:
- In the Top Navigation Bar, click Engines.
- In the drop-down menu that opens, click the desired engine.
Using the Left Sidebar
The Left Sidebar lets you access the three main pages in the Console. The Settings icon is only available if you have the admin permission:
- The Databases page, which lets you add, delete, and access databases.
- The Engines page, which lets you add and delete engines.
- The Transactions page, which lets you manage database transactions.
- If you have admin permissions, the Settings page, which lets you manage users and OAuth accounts.
Using the Object Tree
When you open a database, the Object Tree lists data sources, models, and notebooks for the database.
To display subobjects in the Object Tree, click to expand the node arrow to the left of the object’s name.
You can also use the Search box to search for resources by name. The Search box finds the resources that match in the database.
Using the Model Editor
The Model Editor is visible when you select Show Models in the Navigation Bar or when you click a model in the Object Tree to open it. For more details, see Working With Models in the RAI Console.
Using the Query Editor
The Query Editor is visible when you select Show Queries in the Navigation Bar. For more details, see Working With Queries in the RAI Console.
Opening RAI Notebooks
You can access and create RAI notebooks at the bottom of the Object Tree. For more details, see Working With RAI Notebooks.
See Quick Start for a walkthrough of using the Console.